Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Song Writing Project Options

Hey Soul Sister

[Intro]

C     G                Am              F
Hey-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay


[Verse]

     C               G                         Am              F
Your lipstick stains   on the front lobe of my left side brains
                      C                         G               Am  F  G
I knew I wouldn't for-get you and so I went and let you blow my mind
     C              G                           Am               F
Your sweet moonbeam   the smell of you in every single dream I dream
                   C                              G                     Am   F  G 
I knew when we col-lided you're the one I have de-cided who's one of my kind


[Chorus]

F               G                 C      G      F
Hey soul sister ain't that Mister Mister on the radio stereo
    G                 C        G
The way you move aint fair you know
F                G              C      G      F            G
Hey soul sister I don't want to miss a single thing you do


[Bridge]

   C         G                Am               F
To-night Hey-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay

[Verse]

[Chorus]

[Verse]

[Chorus]

[Outro]

   C         G                Am               F  G 
To-night Hey-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay 
   C         G                Am               F  G
To-night Hey-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay, Hey-ay-AY-ay-ay 
    C
Ton-ight






I'm Yours
[Verse]
     G
Well you done done me and you bet I felt it,
   D
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted,
  Em
I fell right through the cracks,
C
And now I'm tryin to get back...

            G
Before the cool done run out, I'll be givin it my bestest
    D
and Nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention
    Em
I reckon it's again my turn,
    C          
To Win some or learn some....


[Chorus]

G              D
But I wont hesitate
            Em
No more, No more
            C              G   D   Em   C
It can not wait; I'm yours

[Verse]

[Chorus]
[Bridge]

G                      Bm 
Doo do do doo doo do, doo do doo do doo do
Em                     D                C
Do you want to come on, scooch on over closer, dear
                       A7
And I will nibble your ear
G Bm Em D C A7


[Verse]
                  

[Chorus]


[Outro]

G                                    D
Well, open up your mind and see like me,
                                    Em
Open up your plans and then you're free.
                                      C
Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours.
   G
So please don't, please don't, please don't...
        D
There's no need to complicate.
           Em
'Cause our time is short.
                             C
This oh, this oh, this is our fate.
           A7  G
I'm yours



Taylor
[intro]
       C                       C/B
they say taylor was a good girl, never one to be late
 Am              F             C    C/B  Am  F
complain, express ideas in her brain
C                           C/B
working on the night shift, passing out the tickets,
       Am                  F                    C   C/B Am F    
youre gonna have to pay her if you want to park here
      C                        C/B
well mommys little dancer has quite a little secret
Am                          F                 C  C/B Am F
working on the streets now, never gonna keep it
     C                      C/B
its quite an imposition and now shes only wishing
      Am                    F                   C  C/B Am
that she would have listened to the words they said
F
poor taylor 


[Chorus]
C            C/B             Am   F              C
She just wanders around, unaffected by
    C/B            Am  F               C
the winter winds and she'll pretend that
            C/B    Am   F             C
shes somewhere else, so far and clear
      C/B             Am 
about two thousand miles from here


[Verse]
C             C/B                     Am     F
peter patrick pitter patters on the window
    C             C/B            Am      F
but sunny silhouette wont let him in
C                  C/B                        Am       F
poor old petes got nothing because hes been falling
         C          C/B           Am      F
somehow sunny knows just where hes been
               C                          C/B         Am    F
he thinks that singing on sunday is gonna save his soul
C        C/B    Am         F
now that saturday is gone
C            C/B               Am    F
sometimes he thinks that hes on his way
          C    C/B  Am
but i can see 
          F
that his break lights are on


[Chorus]

[Verse]

[outro]


Let it Be

Verse 1]

       C              G                 Am          Fmaj7    F6
When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
C                 G              F  C/E Dm C
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

    C              G                 Am              Fmaj7    F6
And in my hour of darkness, She is standing right in front of me
C                 G              F  C/E Dm C
Speaking words of wisdom, Let it be


[Chorus]

        Am        C/G          F          C
Let it be, let it be,  let it be, let it be
C                G              F  C/E Dm C
 Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

 
[Verse 2]


[Chorus]


[Instrumental]

F  C/E   Dm   C   Bb  F/A  G   F   C    (x2)


[Solo]

C  G  Am  F
                  (x2)
C  G  F   C    
     
         
[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

[Chorus]

[Outro]

F  C/E   Dm   C   Bb  F/A  G   F   C


Firework

[Intro]

G F Em Cadd9


[Verse]

G                F   
Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, 
Em                        
drifting through the wind 
Cadd9                    
wanting to start again? 
G                F                 
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin 
Em                      
like a house of cards,
Cadd9                       
one blow from caving in? 
G                F                  
Do you ever feel already buried deep? 
Em                        Cadd9                            
6 feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing 
G                        F                     
Do you know that there's still a chance for you 
Em                             
'Cause there's a spark in you 
Cadd9
You just gotta


[Pre-Chorus]

  G          Am         Em     C 
Ignite, the light, and let it shine 
     G       Am             Em        C
Just own the night like the 4th of July 


[Chorus]

                      G    Am
'Cause baby you're a firework
                   Em           C
Come on, show 'em what you're worth 
             G          Am
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh" 
                        Em    C
As you shoot across the sky-y-y 
               G    Am
Baby, you're a firework 
                   Em     C
Come on, let your colors burst 
             G          Am
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh" 
                        Em              C
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe


[Verse 2]

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

Em
Boom, boom, boom       
                      Cadd9
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon 
                           G
It's always been inside of you, you, you 
                            D
And now it's time to let it through-ough-ough 


[Chorus]

[Outro]

G               Am
Boom, boom, boom 
                       Em              C
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon 
G               Am
Boom, boom, boom 
                        Em             C
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon



Someone Like You
[Intro]

G G/F# Gbm C


[Verse]

  G                G/F#
I heard that you're settled down
        Em
That you found a girl
          C
And you're married now
  G              G/F#
I heard that your dreams came true
         Em
Guess she gave you things
        C
I didn't give to you
   G                   G/F#
Old friend why are you so shy
        Em
Ain't like you to hold back
  C
Or hide from the light


[Bridge]

  D9                          Em                C
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but

I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it
    D9
I'd hoped you'd see my face
    Em                             C           D9/C  C
And that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over


[Chorus]

G                D                 Em C
Never mind, I'll find someone like you
       G               D        Em C
I wish nothing but the best for you too
      G           D        Em        C
Don't forget me I beg I re-member you said
             G                 D                     Em   C
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts in-stead
             G                 D                     Em   C
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead, yeah


[Verse]


[Bridge]


[Chorus]


[Break]

D/A
Nothing compares no worries or cares
Em/B
Regrets and mistakes their memories make
C
Who would have known how
       Am    G/B       C    D/C
Bitter-sweet this would taste


[Chorus]


[Chorus]


Country Roads Take Me Home

[Intro]

G    G    G    G


[Verse 1]

       G       Em
Almost heaven, West Virginia,
D                     C          G
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
G                  Em
Life is old there, older than the trees,
D                          C                G
Younger than the mountains growin' like a breeze


[Chorus]

        G              D
Country Roads, take me home
       Em       C
To the place I belong:
        G               D
West Virginia, mountain momma,
        C             G
Take me home, Country Roads.


[Verse 2]

[Chorus]

[Riff]

Em        D             G      
I hear her voice, in the mornin' hours she calls me,
    C       G              D
The radio reminds me of my home far away,
    Em              F
And drivin' down the road 
        C              G                     D                D7
I get a feelin' that I should have been home yesterday, yesterday.


[Chorus]

[Outro]

        D             G
Take me home, Country Roads,
        D             G
Take me home, Country Roads.


The Edge of Glory

[Verse 1]

G                              D 
There aint no reason you and me should be alone
      C
Tonight, yeah babe
      C
Tonight, yeah babe
G                     D                         C
I gotta reason that you should take me home tonight


[Verse 2]


[Pre-Chorus]

            C         D  
It's hard to feel the rush, 
            Em    A
To push the dangerous
           C                   C/A
I'm gonna run right to, to the edge with you
             C/D           D
Where we can both fall in love


[Chorus]

            G      D
I'm on the edge of glory, 
        Em                     C
And I'm hanging on a moment of truth, 
           G       D
Out on the edge of glory, 
        Em                      C
And I'm hanging on a moment with you, 
            G
I'm on the edge (the edge)
    D
The edge   (the edge)
    Em
The edge   (the edge)
    C
The edge   
            G       D
I'm on the edge of glory, 
        Em                      C
And I'm hanging on a moment with you, 
C
I'm on the edge


[Verse 3]
[Verse 4]


[Pre-Chorus]


[Chorus]


[Instrumental]

fast chord change lead-in: G-G/E-G/C- G

Repeats x3 (holds D5 chord on final repeat till chorus):

Am7  /   /   /   /
Gsus4/D  /   /  D7 /   /
                       Im on the edge with you 
C5/G  /   /   /   /
C5  /   /  C5  /   /
              Im on the edge with you 


[Chorus]

Dear Future Husband
[Intro]

C
Dear future husband,
             Am
Here's a few things
                                 F
You'll need to know if you wanna be
           G           C
My one and only all my life


[Verse 1]

C
Take me on a date

I deserve it babe
Am
And don't forget the flowers every anniversary
F
'Cause if you'll treat me right
G
I'll be the perfect wife
C
Buying groceries

Buy-buying what you need

[Verse 2]
[Pre-Chorus]

C                                     Am
You gotta know how to treat me like a lady
                     F
Even when I'm acting crazy
G                    C
Tell me everything's alright


[Chorus]

C
Dear future husband,
             Am                                        F
Here's a few things you'll need to know if you want to be
           G           C
My one and only all my life
C
Dear future husband,
             Am
If you wanna get that special lovin'
            F         G              C
Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night


[Verse 2]


[Pre-Chorus]
[Chorus]

[Bridge]

C
I'll be sleeping on the left side of the bed (hey)
Am
Open doors for me and you may get some kisses
F      
Don't have a dirty mind
G
Just be a classy guy
C
Buy me a ring

Buy-buy me a ring, babe


[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment