Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome Back!

Hello Everyone!

Welcome back to another exciting year at Nativity of Our Lord School!  This year will be a big year for our Fine and Performing Arts department.  We will  be continuing to grow and build our music programs like orchestra, wind ensemble, guitar ensemble, and choir and are excited to produce this years PAWS production Disney's Lion King Jr.  For all information regarding the Instrumental Music Program please follow the link on the right side of my blog to the band page.  All PAWS information can be found on the PAWS page also located to the right of this post!

Here on this blog you will find General Music information! Links to learning resources, students projects, and basic updates. Please... please... please check back here REGULARLY or subscribe for e-mail notifications of new posts.  Before e-mailing me with any questions, comments, or concerns please make sure it has not been addressed on the blog! Anyone wishing to e-mail me just to tell my how wonderful I am may feel free to do so at any time.

It is a new year and the foundations of our General Music classes will be very much the same.  The students Curriculum is rooted in The National Core Arts Standards as well as the Pennsylvania State Standards for music.  I have attempted to align these two standards into a fun, rigorous, comprehensive General Music experience.  Please take a moment to review my General Music Syllabus and feel free to email or comment on this post with any questions you may have.

I hope everyone had a wonderful summer and I look forward to seeing all the amazing work that your students create this year!

Sincerely,

Mr. Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment